There has never been a season in our time at Elk Mountain Ranch that we are more inspired to provide our guests a retreat from their worries and a place to relax, reconnect, and enjoy this peaceful place. We want to assure you that our number one priority has always been, and will continue to be, the health and safety of our guests and staff.
As the restrictions are being lifted, Elk Mountain Ranch is working collaboratively with the local health department and our Colorado Dude and Guest Ranch Association in setting appropriate and best practices for the 2020 season. We are adapting our operating and sanitation procedures, groups sizes and dining experience as we work towards offering a most memorable vacation experience.
We are implementing procedures to make your experience as worry-free as possible.
- Chaffee County has set June 1, 2020 as the open date for tourism, including raft trips, short-term lodging and camping
- EMR has completed the Chaffee County Safe Business Checklist
- We are monitoring recommendations and mandates in the CDC and Public Health Guidelines
- We are completing our Program Protocols for mitigating Covid-19 transmission risks in each area (horseback riding, shooting sports, cleaning, transportation, food service, children’s program, and other areas)
What We are Doing for You
- We are running with a slightly smaller staff this summer to manage risks to our staff and guests.
- We are reaching out to guests prior to arrival to arrange dining preferences.
- We may stagger breakfast times and provide options for eating dinner on the patio (all lunches have always been outside, on the trail, or at the river)
- We are required to do a daily staff health screening and temperature reporting
- We are working to adapt our activities to allow for social distancing and increased sanitation procedures
- We will have in place two outdoor hand washing stations (near the Trading Post and near the arena). Along with an area by the main lodge and petting zoo.
- Sanitation clothes, wipes and sanitizer will be available near mountain bikes, fishing poles, hot tubs, in lodge.
- As always, food will be prepared in a commercial-grade kitchen where sanitation has always been a top priority.
- As always, cabins will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized prior to your arrival. We will be removing extra decorative pillows/shams and will be providing extra blankets upon request. Daily housekeeping is available. But, if you prefer a drop-off/pick-up type of service during your week, we will happily accommodate.
- As always, the main lodge and dining area will be cleaned 3 x per day. Additional cleaning will take place to sanitize high touch surfaces.
- Vehicles transporting guests will be disinfected at the end of each trip.
Overall, we are working diligently to provide an enjoyable experience for you. It has been a long and stressful road for all. And while we live in a time of much uncertainty, we are hopeful that we can provide the kind of service and trip quality that we have been offering since 1986.
For those looking to book a ranch vacation, please email or phone. We will happily hold space for you.
Tom and Sue Murphy
Owners and Hosts